I'm a son. A brother. An uncle. Insecure. Full of issues. An observer. Love to eat/drink. A brother-in-law. A friend. A pessimist. An optimist. A hopeless romantic. Jaded. A confidant. A drinking buddy. An encourager. A gay man. An introvert. An extrovert. A social butterfly. A homebody. A dicotomy of life. A co-worker. But above all else. I'm a RUNNER. Run with me. This is me. Anonymously Running Through Life.

10.18.2009

Get 'er done!

I woke up to an overcast, drizzly, cold day here in Atlanta. Great. The Weather Channel had said that Friday and Saturday were supposed to be nice and sunny. Not. Weather Channel Fail - once again.

It was the first "cold" running day we've had. It was 48 degrees with a mild to strong wind at times. I really didn't feel like getting out in the cold, but I HTFU and did it. I layered up - 2 long sleeved dry fit shirts, shorts, hat, and gloves - and out the door I went. I was initially just gonna do a 10k or so, but I ended up getting 9.8 miles in:) I'd forgotten how invigorating running in cooler weather can be! I could have done without the wind, but it was a perfect day otherwise.

That's how I am with running sometimes. Sometimes I have to drag my @$$ out the door and end up having a great run, and other times, I feel great but have to drag @$$ just to try to finish. But no matter what, I always feel better after a run. Most of my friends can't understand this. They are always like, "just take today off...if you don't feel like it, then don't." Makes sense, right? Not to the runner. We know that if it's just a short run, you feel sooo much better than skipping it altogether. This is what I think about when I want to skip a run. It's what gets me out there day in and day out. One of my favorite quotes:

"There will be a day when you can no longer run...today is NOT that day!"

No comments:

Running Count

Follow the Runner

About the Runner

Atlanta, Georgia, United States